Unanswered topics Active topics

ACS (I) O'level or SJI IP programme?

RanjeevNathani

ACS (I) O'level or SJI IP programme?

Post by RanjeevNathani » Mon Nov 30, 2020 11:26 am

Hi parents,

Wanted to get your views on whether it would be best to go with ACS (I) O level or SJI IP programme.

Both are good schools but i have been hearing a lot about ACS just being an overall holistic school where teachers are very hands on with parents and the children while in SJI; the children are left all to themselves to figure things out.

And then there's the other topic; is IP path much better overall for a child then O levels? I hear that a child learns more than just what an O level programme gives to a child. Are those benefits along with the "risk" of no structured learning much better for a child over O level structure?

I know I am late in asking this question since we need to lock in school's tomorrow. Hope to hear from your all soon. Thanks in advance.

hope

Re: ACS (I) O'level or SJI IP programme?

Post by hope » Mon Feb 07, 2022 11:08 am

IP routute, the child has to be very disciplined in the studies and also consistent..and scores have to be above and beyond to stay on the track. Well, for o levels, you can still choose polytechnic or JC in the later path. But you can't for IP as you're already in the JC path..

motherhood

Re: ACS (I) O'level or SJI IP programme?

Post by motherhood » Fri May 20, 2022 11:25 am

I would think IP route is not for the faint hearted...it's pretty rigorous and you have to keep up with good grades year after year. With Os you can decide on Poly or JC route whereas in IP you have to go straight to JC.