Unanswered topics Active topics

How do you find home based learning?

motherhood

How do you find home based learning?

Post by motherhood » Sat Apr 25, 2020 2:07 pm

How are mums and dad's out there coping with hbl? I am personally not enjoying it. Its more work for parents, supervising too.

I think hbl will somehow not be able to replace learning in school.

Even submitting work and corrections are so cumbersome 😥😥

L.Tan

Re: How do you find home based learning?

Post by L.Tan » Sun Apr 26, 2020 12:46 pm

Hi, I am personally not enjoying it too as I feel that my child gets distracted easily when learning online and since I have to work, I cannot supervise my child at all times and honestly, I don't know how effective the learning is. And my child is doing PSLE this year and I am so worried for him, but I think he's more worried too with all the changes about the cancellation of certain topics etc. I also had to change tutor for my child as the previous one couldn't teach effectively online and I actually had planned to stay with her till PSLE, but with the extension of the Circuit Breaker, I had no choice but to look and engage a new one.

motherhood

Re: How do you find home based learning?

Post by motherhood » Sun Aug 16, 2020 10:21 am

L.Tan wrote:
Sun Apr 26, 2020 12:46 pm
Hi, I am personally not enjoying it too as I feel that my child gets distracted easily when learning online and since I have to work, I cannot supervise my child at all times and honestly, I don't know how effective the learning is. And my child is doing PSLE this year and I am so worried for him, but I think he's more worried too with all the changes about the cancellation of certain topics etc. I also had to change tutor for my child as the previous one couldn't teach effectively online and I actually had planned to stay with her till PSLE, but with the extension of the Circuit Breaker, I had no choice but to look and engage a new one.
I do hope they can give some concession on this year's PSLE as it's not an easy year for the p6 this year. They had so much HBL compared to other years who did not have to go thru HBL. Yes its not easy for working parents to supervise children's revision..

At least Oral is off the list for primary 6... :D :D