Unanswered topics Active topics

PSLE Maths 2019

motherhood

PSLE Maths 2019

Post by motherhood » Wed Oct 02, 2019 6:31 pm

I saw some the qns circulated, boy... Why did they set such difficult PSLE questions. I know they want to differentiate the best amongst the rest but this also means many will feel defeated as well. This is so not healthy... Hope there can be changes.

joeyy

Re: PSLE Maths 2019

Post by joeyy » Thu Oct 10, 2019 12:43 pm

motherhood wrote:
Wed Oct 02, 2019 6:31 pm
I saw some the qns circulated, boy... Why did they set such difficult PSLE questions. I know they want to differentiate the best amongst the rest but this also means many will feel defeated as well. This is so not healthy... Hope there can be changes.
Yes, it literally bring down their confident in education. Their questions are getting tougher each year. Sometime going through primary school worksheet, I myself would not be able to even answer too. Singapore is getting tougher on education. Hence, some parent giving their kid too much stress that result them commit suicide than facing parents with bad result. :( :( :(

motherhood

Re: PSLE Maths 2019

Post by motherhood » Tue Oct 15, 2019 4:27 pm

I cannot understand why set the papers so crazily difficult...one may feel it's about dividing the good ones and the not so good students. But that hurts the children's confidence tremendously. I think papers should be set with the thought of 'practicality' in real life situations. We don't use such methods to calculate on daily basis. So the papers really sounds like a joke to me.