Unanswered topics Active topics

Do you give allowance for Primary 1 Kid?

joeyy

Do you give allowance for Primary 1 Kid?

Post by joeyy » Tue Oct 01, 2019 3:40 pm

My girl is getting ready to primary 1. Just wondering, will they still be able to pay by ezlink card method like the past
or strictly only cash? And do you think is more practical to prepare lunch box for them or giving them allowance? She is unable to count the amount of money :lol: I am afraid she will not be able to handle it.

I am so confused here. Advise needed much. :? :(

motherhood

Re: Do you give allowance for Primary 1 Kid?

Post by motherhood » Wed Oct 02, 2019 3:15 pm

You have to start teaching to count at least the smaller notes and coins. Usually their allowance is $2 not more as they end up giving it to friends who ask for it.

I don't think schools use ezlink card for food payment in canteen, usually cash transactions.

joeyy

Re: Do you give allowance for Primary 1 Kid?

Post by joeyy » Thu Oct 03, 2019 11:39 am

motherhood wrote:
Wed Oct 02, 2019 3:15 pm
You have to start teaching to count at least the smaller notes and coins. Usually their allowance is $2 not more as they end up giving it to friends who ask for it.

I don't think schools use ezlink card for food payment in canteen, usually cash transactions.
Yes! That's what I am afraid, that she may just give it to the friends.

back then the 90's babies, is still able to use ezlink for food payment. But I am not sure if they have already stop. Have been trying to teach her on the small calculation too. Sometimes, she is just so lazy. *sigh* :cry: