Unanswered topics Active topics

Do I need to teach my children about Sex at home or can I rely on school?

chloe-zeguo.wang

Do I need to teach my children about Sex at home or can I rely on school?

Post by chloe-zeguo.wang » Tue Oct 01, 2019 2:33 pm

What role do parents play at Children's sexuality education? Do I need to teach my child about sexuality or can I rely on school to teach my children? I think it's important for parents to teach my child our family attitude towards sex and teach her how to reject unwanted sexual attention. But I do not know how to start the conversation. Did you teach your son/daughter about sex, puberty etc? When and how did you do it?

chloe-zeguo.wang

Re: Do I need to teach my children about Sex at home or can I rely on school?

Post by chloe-zeguo.wang » Tue Oct 01, 2019 2:36 pm

Hey guys. found this workshop that teaches parents how to teach their children about sexuality. It's on 17th Oct and it is FREE. I will go and check it out.

https://www.eventbrite.sg/e/childrens-s ... 3398574111

joeyy

Re: Do I need to teach my children about Sex at home or can I rely on school?

Post by joeyy » Wed Oct 02, 2019 1:15 pm

chloe-zeguo.wang wrote:
Tue Oct 01, 2019 2:33 pm
What role do parents play at Children's sexuality education? Do I need to teach my child about sexuality or can I rely on school to teach my children? I think it's important for parents to teach my child our family attitude towards sex and teach her how to reject unwanted sexual attention. But I do not know how to start the conversation. Did you teach your son/daughter about sex, puberty etc? When and how did you do it?
Puberty, maybe can start giving them the preparation when they reach around P3? To my knowledge, I do have some friends started their puberty as early as P3. As school only guide them during Pri 5. I personally feel that is important to teach them about not allowing anyone to touch them anywhere. When playing tickling with them, probably can let them(girls) know that you cant let any guy hands on you etc. and slowly start a casual topic with them? Hmm, that's my personal opinion. :mrgreen: