Unanswered topics Active topics

Lousy grades for Chinese even with tuition

Are tuition and enrichment classes necessary at all? Discuss more about tuition and enrichment classes and how they can enrich your childrens' lives.
motherhood

Lousy grades for Chinese even with tuition

Post by motherhood » Fri May 20, 2022 11:17 am

In this case, should i re-evaluate the tutor..or change tutor? Not seeing any improvement with grades.

Alan2022

Re: Lousy grades for Chinese even with tuition

Post by Alan2022 » Sun May 22, 2022 12:02 pm

Tuition is a good idea to support students in their learning.
Depending on the nature of the student needs and alignment to the right type of tutor it's possible to gain positive results.
As a former teacher and developing my own Team in business it is very clear that many young adults would find tuition a positive pathway to improvement.
I would highly recommend that you discuss with your child's teacher what they think might help improve the learning if tuition was available.
In my past life as a teacher, I would try to coordinate the tutor with my suggestions to support the child.
It's difficult to give you details in a post but to summarize the steps-
1. Seek a list of learning support from the teacher.
2. Ask your child what they think they need.
3. Interview tutors to determine if they can align with your child's needs based on points 1 and 2.
4. Ideally coordinate Teacher with Tutor

There is are issues that tuition may not be able to overcome - issues that fall beyond learning knowledge.

For issues that general education system cannot support then I highly recommend Mentoring and various types of Counseling and Therapy. Learning in life goes far beyond the general education system and your child may need to overcome very specific issues prior to being able to improve learning in a school environment.

I think it's critical for parents to take an Holistic view of their child's development to maximize the best opportunities to be happy and most likely successful in their adult life.