Unanswered topics Active topics

Recruiting P4-P5 Children for Research Study

Entering Primary School can be a nerve wrecking experience. Ask questions or share your wealth of experience on your child's Primary school life here.
zhijing.lui

Recruiting P4-P5 Children for Research Study

Post by zhijing.lui » Fri Apr 08, 2022 12:22 pm

Hello everyone!

I’m Zhi Jing, a Masters student at NIE. I would like to invite your child to take part in a research study. This study is part of my MA dissertation. It aims to explore primary school children’s understanding and experiences of well-being, challenging situations, and coping strategies in response to these challenges in the education context.

If your child takes part in the study, we will be conducting an interview with him/her that includes a short activity and some questions about his/her educational experiences.

If your child:
  • Is Singaporean or PR
  • Is currently in Primary 4 or 5
  • Has been enrolled in a mainstream (non-SPED) primary school since P1
Do consider taking part in our study! As a token of appreciation, you will receive a $10 Popular Bookstore voucher.

The interview will be conducted face-to-face at your residence and will take no longer than 1 hour. I am fully vaccinated and will be wearing a face mask throughout the session. The session will be audio-recorded for transcription and analyses purposes.

However, if you prefer to have the session to be online, it can be arranged as well. Do let me know if that is your preference.

I would really appreciate it if you could take some time to read the study information sheet. If you have any questions, feel free to contact me via mobile or email (see above). If you agree to let your child take part in the study, please complete the online consent form and we will contact you soon!

To view the study information sheet and consent form, please click on this link - https://bit.ly/wellbeingresearch1

Thank you very much for your consideration! 😊