Unanswered topics Active topics

Do you buy Teachers' Day Presents?

pikachu

Do you buy Teachers' Day Presents?

Post by pikachu » Tue Aug 14, 2018 10:34 am

I would like to know if parents do buy teachers' day presents for their teachers at school? Is it a must...seems like most people give presents. Will the child feel left out not giving anything?
A very busy parent .... I have no time for myself.

Angie25

Re: Do you buy Teachers' Day Presents?

Post by Angie25 » Sun Aug 19, 2018 11:00 am

My child is 13 this year. I have never helped him get any Teacher's Day gift in the past.

My thoughts are that if children want to show gratitude, there are many methods besides gifting. Children should use their own ways/resources. If they do not have enough money to buy a gift from the store, they can make something with recycled materials or with anything available at home without the need to spend money.

I believe the teachers would greatly appreciate receiving unique home-made gifts and teachers would also prefer the students not spend money on gifts.

Gratitude has to come from the heart, and not an act of following the crowd so as not to feel left out.

pikachu

Re: Do you buy Teachers' Day Presents?

Post by pikachu » Sun Aug 19, 2018 9:18 pm

Angie25 wrote:My child is 13 this year. I have never helped him get any Teacher's Day gift in the past.

My thoughts are that if children want to show gratitude, there are many methods besides gifting. Children should use their own ways/resources. If they do not have enough money to buy a gift from the store, they can make something with recycled materials or with anything available at home without the need to spend money.

I believe the teachers would greatly appreciate receiving unique home-made gifts and teachers would also prefer the students not spend money on gifts.

Gratitude has to come from the heart, and not an act of following the crowd so as not to feel left out.
Hi Angie,

Thanks! Think that's what I hoping to hear...as I do feel it's rather stressful to buy and spend quite a sum of money buying for each and every teacher. I think I will just leave it to them to make cards or any artwork for their teachers if they wish to.
A very busy parent .... I have no time for myself.