Unanswered topics Active topics

What do your kids do after school at home?

motherhood

What do your kids do after school at home?

Post by motherhood » Thu Jul 19, 2018 6:23 pm

What do your kids do everyday when they return home from school? Beside completing homework..are they into gaming, consoles etc?

joeyy

Re: What do your kids do after school at home?

Post by joeyy » Wed Oct 02, 2019 1:17 pm

motherhood wrote:
Thu Jul 19, 2018 6:23 pm
What do your kids do everyday when they return home from school? Beside completing homework..are they into gaming, consoles etc?
Usually, I will spent some quality time with my girl playing her favorite dolls, and some time i even had to blend into playing 'ROBLOX' ! My goodness, the game wasn't as easy as i thought. And she can play better than I am. Allowing them to play game is good, but not the whole day. At least, they know what is going on if friends are talking about it. And maybe also reading some storybooks? ha ha I guess that is kids life. :lol:

MarcPenaud

Post by MarcPenaud » Tue Oct 08, 2019 12:35 pm

I used to do a lot of cooking with my kids after school. They seemed to enjoy it and spend less time on their phones and games. Also, liked to swim with them in the condo. This is for the free activities, but my wife and I also wanted them to play an instrument so we took a piano teacher, I think it is important for them to learn that kind of thing, it helped a lot my daughter with concentration! To be honest haha they didn't really like it but I hope they will thanks us after. Actually we found our teacher on this site: https://bit.ly/35haSjO, I think there is other stuff as well.
Anyway, I think the best for your kids after school is not to stay too much on their phones so they don't forget real life :)

juanforce

Post by juanforce » Wed Feb 24, 2021 11:36 am

1) Join an after-school reading group at the library.
2) Schedule a weekly get-together with kids in the neighbourhood.
3) Creating a reading challenge.
4) Explore the nearest public or botanical gardens.
5) Visit museum.
6) To develop endurance, balance and flexibility, used to go rock climbing.
7) Watch technology videos on YouTube.
8) Playing Video game on mobile phone.
9) Discussing whole day activities with parents.
Schoolhouse
Address: 146 Jalan Jurong Kechil
Singapore 598640

Phone: +65 6468 0368
https://carpediem.com.sg/

shiyi8033

Post by shiyi8033 » Tue Sep 07, 2021 8:27 am

motherhood wrote:
Thu Jul 19, 2018 6:23 pm
What do your kids do every day when they return home from school? Besides completing homework..are they into gaming, consoles, etc?
Yes, before-after school they mostly spend time with their gadgets all day long but not anymore I introduce them to an enrichment program that enhances their intellectual skill while having fun.

AnnaLi

Post by AnnaLi » Thu Sep 09, 2021 8:30 am

I think having quality with your child after every workday is a must. I usually learned a neat way to enhance my memory and also to help my kid remembers stuffs easily. The good thing about this is that he still have fun while learning. I attended a webinar of the online school's founder and I still use the method he mentioned on his lecture. It was really helpful.

xiehui1128

Post by xiehui1128 » Thu Sep 30, 2021 8:33 am

I basically feed them and check how their day went so I can open up a discussion. It's my way to check their emotional level at some point, I would be able to address if they're having issues.

motherhood

Post by motherhood » Fri Oct 01, 2021 9:22 am

I agree its so difficult to get children off their gadgets , games and youtube these days.

And also have open communication to ensure their well-being at all times...chat like friends is my mantra...no secrets.

pikachu

Post by pikachu » Thu Feb 03, 2022 11:02 pm

Complete the homework
Watch Netflix and youtube
Swim and walks in the evenings
A very busy parent .... I have no time for myself.

hope

Post by hope » Mon Feb 07, 2022 10:24 am

Wacthing youtube. Almost so that I can cancel my Starhub Subcription because almost on one watches it.