Unanswered topics Active topics

Socks at home

feliza271

Socks at home

Post by feliza271 » Fri May 11, 2018 9:47 am

Hi parents,

Recently, I noticed that one of my friends kids did not take off his socks the whole time he was at home. I asked her about it and she said her youngest Son, who is 3 yrs old, does not remove his socks until it is time to shower.

I found this slightly interesting. I have two sons, one 7 and one 13. When they were younger, I would make sure I take off their socks at home as I was worried they would slip and fall. Now I no longer do that as they are older and can walk much much more steadily.

Even so, my eldest Son, 13 still has a habit of taking off his socks soon after he comes home. Usually he takes off his socks before he showers around 15 minutes later or on weekends he forgets to take off his socks as he is engrossed in his PS4 games but he will take off his socks eventually. Same goes with my younger Son.

So I was wondering if you could help me with these four questions?

1) Do your kids take off their socks when they come home? And if they do not, when do they take off their socks?
2) Do your kids take off their socks at other peoples houses?
3) Do your kids wear socks even if they are not gong out?
4) Do your kids wear socks to sleep?

That’s all parents, have a great day!

feliza271

Re: Socks at home

Post by feliza271 » Fri May 11, 2018 9:50 am

These are my answers for my sons, 7 and 13

1) Not immediately but 5 minutes later or if they forget 1 or 2 hours later.
2) No, they wear their socks the whole visit as I tell them it’s rude to leave their socks lying around.
3) No as the air con is not turned on and they don’t like socks much :D
4) Only my older 13 year old, he chose to wear socks himself.

motherhood

Post by motherhood » Mon May 14, 2018 11:01 am

We usually take off the socks when are reach home, together with the shoes. Even at friend's houses.

I think the reason is predominantly to keep the feet warm as the floor may be quite cold and there's a tendency to catch an aching joint or feet.

I do, find it quite difficult and warm to keep the socks on in Singapore's climate, perhaps a pair of home slippers could work.

joeyy

Post by joeyy » Wed Oct 02, 2019 1:21 pm

feliza271 wrote:
Fri May 11, 2018 9:47 am
Hi parents,

Recently, I noticed that one of my friends kids did not take off his socks the whole time he was at home. I asked her about it and she said her youngest Son, who is 3 yrs old, does not remove his socks until it is time to shower.

I found this slightly interesting. I have two sons, one 7 and one 13. When they were younger, I would make sure I take off their socks at home as I was worried they would slip and fall. Now I no longer do that as they are older and can walk much much more steadily.

Even so, my eldest Son, 13 still has a habit of taking off his socks soon after he comes home. Usually he takes off his socks before he showers around 15 minutes later or on weekends he forgets to take off his socks as he is engrossed in his PS4 games but he will take off his socks eventually. Same goes with my younger Son.

So I was wondering if you could help me with these four questions?

1) Do your kids take off their socks when they come home? And if they do not, when do they take off their socks?
2) Do your kids take off their socks at other peoples houses?
3) Do your kids wear socks even if they are not gong out?
4) Do your kids wear socks to sleep?

That’s all parents, have a great day!
1) Yes, usually make it a habit for my kid to take out her socks when she is home. And go straight to wash her hands and feets. Home is clean, why not? haha
2) Depending on situation. If gonna stay at other's house for quite a long time, I will ask my kid to take off her socks, firstly if she's wearing a white socks and not taking out socks, end of the day will become black socks. Secondly, as usual, i will ask her to wash her feet after taking out socks.
3) Seldom ask my kid to wear socks even if they are not going out, unless we're overseas staying in hotel, and is pretty cold in the room. So wearing socks to keep their feet warm.
4) At home no, but overseas yes. To keep their feet warm.

:P :P :P :P :P :P :P

RyanMurphy

Post by RyanMurphy » Tue Oct 06, 2020 4:03 pm

no socks and shoes at home