Unanswered topics Active topics

Private hospital v. public hospital

pikachu

Private hospital v. public hospital

Post by pikachu » Tue Mar 27, 2018 12:33 am

A friend of mine was asking the cost between public and private hospitals for delivery as she has just conceived...I've never delivered in public hospital so I can't be too sure, is it relatively cheaper to deliver in public hospitals than private ones :?:
A very busy parent .... I have no time for myself.

joeyy

Re: Private hospital v. public hospital

Post by joeyy » Fri Oct 04, 2019 12:50 pm

pikachu wrote:
Tue Mar 27, 2018 12:33 am
A friend of mine was asking the cost between public and private hospitals for delivery as she has just conceived...I've never delivered in public hospital so I can't be too sure, is it relatively cheaper to deliver in public hospitals than private ones :?:
Pros and cons. It is cheaper to delivery in government hospital. However private, they have specialize and also in terms of waiting, you (your friend) are not gonna wait as 'long' as government hospital. Especially check up.

Another cons are, government hospital always tend to have alot of trainee. So during delivery, some gynea will bring along the trainee. But of course you can choose to reject if you are not comfortable with the trainee checking on you. :lol: :lol: :lol:

TAPtheastuteparent

Re: How to choose a gynae in Singapore

Post by TAPtheastuteparent » Tue Jan 21, 2020 2:11 pm

Hi everyone, anyone here having trouble with this...here's a blog post on How To Choose A Gynae In Singapore ~> https://www.theastuteparent.com/choose- ... singapore/

The_Sunday_Studio

Post by The_Sunday_Studio » Sat Jan 01, 2022 12:10 pm

joeyy wrote:
Fri Oct 04, 2019 12:50 pm
pikachu wrote:
Tue Mar 27, 2018 12:33 am
Pros and cons. It is cheaper to delivery in government hospital. However private, they have specialize and also in terms of waiting, you (your friend) are not gonna wait as 'long' as government hospital. Especially check up.

Another cons are, government hospital always tend to have alot of trainee. So during delivery, some gynea will bring along the trainee. But of course you can choose to reject if you are not comfortable with the trainee checking on you. :lol: :lol: :lol:
Happy New Year! Thanks for the brief summary. Is there any comparison as to the cost difference between private and public?

Cheers

motherhood

Post by motherhood » Thu Feb 03, 2022 8:16 pm

My friend who has just given birth told me the rates between the 2 are quite competitive..Albeit i feel that government hospitals would probably have more subsidies than private.