Unanswered topics Active topics

How much do you spend on kids tuition a month

Are tuition and enrichment classes necessary at all? Discuss more about tuition and enrichment classes and how they can enrich your childrens' lives.
pikachu

How much do you spend on kids tuition a month

Post by pikachu » Wed Oct 30, 2019 11:04 am

How much do you spend a month including tuition and enrichment, sports programs? For me is about $1,000 per child per month. What abt u
A very busy parent .... I have no time for myself.

xiehui1128

Re: How much do you spend on kids tuition a month

Post by xiehui1128 » Mon Dec 27, 2021 8:40 am

I only spend SGD 119.96 for my child's tuition, though it's cheap I'm truly getting my money's worth because I can see that my child is having improvements after every session. You just really need to look for the right enrichment class that suits your child's interest.

motherhood

Post by motherhood » Mon Dec 27, 2021 10:56 am

xiehui is it per lesson?
My lessons are about $100-$10 per lesson..

hope

Post by hope » Mon Feb 07, 2022 8:24 pm

$1k, used to be $1.5k /month

motherhood

Post by motherhood » Wed Feb 09, 2022 11:30 am

Tuition fees usually go up by level...

Alan2022

Post by Alan2022 » Sun May 22, 2022 7:49 pm

I would not spend money on tuition if it is going to create pressure on your family.
I would spend money on tuition if you align the needs of the child based on what they think they want, what type of tutors are available and the areas of support suggested by the regular teachers of your child.
I highly recommend that you observe at least one session with a tutor with your child to observe the tutor -student interaction and then ask your child on their feedback on the tutor.
This observation of tuition will say you alot of wasted money on ineffective tutors.
Note that tutors should be academic support only.
Mentoring, coaching and counseling require alot of life experience to be effective.
Many young tutors are excellent but lack life experience to be offering beyond academic support.
A good mentor or coach or counselor is priceless and could change your child's life in more than academic improvement.
A positive, confident, highly motivated child has better outcomes across metrics such as mental health, physical health, independent problem solving, improved communication skills and ultimately a happy and successful relationship with parents.
In a world full of distractions - clarity of reflection needs to be guided by parents, friends and mentors etc...

motherhood

Post by motherhood » Thu Nov 24, 2022 4:52 pm

About $2k a month. 2 tutors.