Unanswered topics Active topics

How to get subsidized rate at Government hospital for braces

Health is wealth. Discuss about important issues such as vaccinations, healthcare, eye care and ways to improve general well being.

motherhood

How to get subsidized rate at Government hospital for braces

Post by motherhood » Sat Oct 05, 2019 11:36 am

How to we get subsidized rate for government hospital for braces for children? Please advise the process... Thanks.

joeyy

Re: How to get subsidized rate at Government hospital for braces

Post by joeyy » Mon Oct 07, 2019 1:40 pm

I think they have different criteria of subsidized rate. ;)

entelechy123

Post by entelechy123 » Tue Feb 15, 2022 12:35 pm

Saw your post about subsidized braces.

I wanted to alert you--and all parents with adolescent children considering orthodontic treatment---to be careful about not readily accepting a treatment that requires that your children's teeth be extracted. The standard procedure of premolar extraction for braces has been put in question over the last twenty years, due to its correlation with serious health problems that can develop either immediately during treatment or in the decades following.

I am a professor doing research in this area with a team of doctors and orthodontists. Eventually we will have a non-profit organization raising awareness for parents; however time is of the essence. Once those teeth are extracted, there is no going back. The bone is lost in the dental arch where the teeth once were, and the size of dental arches will shrink --which has been proven to cause problems in the child's development. At this time, several patients have submitted complaints to the Singapore Ministry of Health due to issues they encountered years later.

Here is a general article that reviews these risks. On behalf of the children at risk, I would appreciate it if you share this article with fellow parents.

https://karinbadt.medium.com/premolar-e ... 90344bc7bf

Thank you for reading.

motherhood

Post by motherhood » Fri May 20, 2022 11:23 am

Can you elaborate further?

Cos seems like no other way to straighten teeth or than have braces..