Unanswered topics Active topics

How do you tell if a helper is capable

Domestic helpers and nannies have become a part of our Singapore culture. Discuss how we can manage and communicate effectively with our helpers at home.
pikachu

How do you tell if a helper is capable

Post by pikachu » Tue Nov 12, 2019 4:05 pm

Just some tips to share to find out if your helper is capable..

1. She can take care of your party needs like prepping food, preparing items, necessities, attending to your guest needs and oversee the party.

2. She can help you pack your children holiday luggage with ease. She knows what to bring and what not to bring.

What other tips do you have?
A very busy parent .... I have no time for myself.

motherhood

Re: How do you tell if a helper is capable

Post by motherhood » Tue Feb 08, 2022 10:15 am

I think when she's able to take instruction only once and able to execute all on her own. The worst type is to having to remind them of the same chores everyday.

Lybb

Post by Lybb » Fri May 27, 2022 4:10 pm

She is able to understand your instructions and execute the chores, and sense the family dynamics and needs. My helper will remind me to do certain things so that the elders in my family will not be upset with me.

motherhood

Post by motherhood » Tue Nov 15, 2022 9:01 am

Lybb, that's really good because my helper is a return helper who worked many yrs for me, and I am so darn disappointed with her laziness and dirtiness. I think she's just taking advantage of my kindness...I still have a long way to her contract, just don't know how long I can put up with her.