Unanswered topics Active topics

How to build a good foundation with children?

Clarayj89

How to build a good foundation with children?

Post by Clarayj89 » Wed Aug 04, 2021 11:39 am

Hello everyone, first time mother here. Coming from a typical Asian family where feelings and emotions are rarely (if ever) talked about, I've come to realise how important it is to establish good communication practices from young to establish trust with my children. My child is turning 4 this year. Wondering if anyone has "been there, done that" and has tips to share about communicating with their children from a young age to build trust?
Thank you in advance!

xiehui1128

Re: How to build a good foundation with children?

Post by xiehui1128 » Fri Sep 24, 2021 8:30 am

following this thread

motherhood

Re: How to build a good foundation with children?

Post by motherhood » Fri Oct 01, 2021 9:33 am

Clarayj89 wrote:
Wed Aug 04, 2021 11:39 am
Hello everyone, first time mother here. Coming from a typical Asian family where feelings and emotions are rarely (if ever) talked about, I've come to realise how important it is to establish good communication practices from young to establish trust with my children. My child is turning 4 this year. Wondering if anyone has "been there, done that" and has tips to share about communicating with their children from a young age to build trust?
Thank you in advance!
I think at 4 years old they are starting to understand a lot of things.

So this is the preschool age, I would always like to ask about their school, friends and teachers..how was your day? How were your friends type of questions.

It really helps they will starting sharing how their day went, what they were taught in school...and this sharing will continue thru the pri school days as well...

its fun too..